This year due to some recent scheduling conflicts our hermit crab shipping season will be delayed and shortened. We will begin taking crab orders on June 24th. The First shipments will begin July 8th and the last shipment will be July 30th. Please read below for shipping details.
The one thing that makes The Hermit Crab Patch hermit crabs different from any others available is that we sell only freshly molted crabs. All of our crabs are acclimated to captivity and have been cared for through several molts at our facility. By following this procedure we are sure that we are offering healthy crabs with an excellent chance for long term survival when cared for properly.
PP's and E's are both hardy hermit crabs and they live well together. E's are animated and their antics are fun to watch. PP's have a calmer disposition and are fun to handle.
Since we have not purchased crabs from our wholesaler in several years we no longer have any Small crabs. All of our hermit crabs would be considered medium size and larger. Please see the crabitat size recommendations listed under each hermit crab size.
Hermit Crab Ordering Details
- We will contact you after you place your hermit crab order to arrange the shipping details. We want to ensure that everything is ready for them and that there will be someone to sign for the crabs and take responsibility for them when they arrive. We will not ship any crabs until we have spoken with the recipient.
- We ship our hermit crabs using FedEx Next Day Priority service for overnight delivery to US destinations only. Using overnight service minimizes the time spent in transit thus minimizing the shipping stress on the crabs. Our packaging has been pre-approved by FedEx Express to meet their standards for the domestic shipment of live animals.
- We require a signature on delivery so someone needs to be available to receive the shipment and unpack your crabs as soon as they arrive.
- When you order hermit crabs from us you are agreeing to pay the FedEx Priority Overnight shipping charges. See below for further explanation.
- We ship crabs on Mondays for Tuesday delivery or Tuesday for Wednesday delivery.
- During Checkout please select Crab Shipping (Overnight) as your shipping option. Hermit crab orders with any other shipping method selected will be canceled so that they can be placed again properly.
- The amount you are quoted during checkout is only an estimate. If the actual shipping cost is lower than you were quoted during checkout, we will refund the difference to you. If the actual shipping cost is higher we will charge you for the difference.
- Please place your order for hermit crabs separately from your supply order. Supplies will generally not fit in the box with hermit crabs and it is not a cost effective way to ship your dry goods.